Tuesday, January 10, 2017

WEEK 70: I WENT INTO THE OCEAN

Nancie baptism

 Charging sea lion

Huge iguana

12-12-16 LETTER

Yeah so I am sure you guys are all thinking that for my subject in the email Im a disobedient missionary and I went swimming in the ocean. So what really happened is that Nancy was baptised and she picked me to baptise her!! So we had the baptism service Saturday at 6:30am. We had to do it before all of the tourists got out there to go swimming. We do the baptisms in a beach called the Loberia. And it was full of sea lions sleeping in the sun and the ocean was super cold! But we were successful and it was a simple baptism, but the one where I have felt the spirit the strongest. We took a ton of pictures but the cyber where we usually go was closed and we are in a super slow one right now....so Ill try to see if I can get atleast a few sent today. A big sea lion almost attacked Brother Tarquino so that was pretty cool to see. It straight up charged him and then chickened out last minute. I got a photo of the mad sea lion haha.

But the baptism went great and even her family came out to support as well! And we did not get permission to change houses so we are going to be staying where we live right now. Also today we ended up not going to the Waterfalls, so we stayed down in the port and went and played Monopoly with Bro San Andres and his family instead.

OH GUESS WHAT!! Jimmy, the guy we were teaching in jail got out last week! And he is going to be getting baptised in the next couple of weeks. We had a super great lesson with him yesterday and his wife is now listening to us! Theyre the family so if you guys could pray for them that would be great. 

In other new...we did some service this last week! Painted some rooms in members houses and helped a church member make corviches and muchines to sell in her restaurant!

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible. Christ tells us what we need to do to really follow Him. I was able to give a talk yesterday in church about this scripture and what He is telling us..we have to reject the worldy things and our own will, and adopt His will. I know that as we follow Christ, he blessed us and gives us strength to overcome all trials in this life. I know that Christ lives, that He is the Redeemer of all mankind and that on the 3rd day he resurrected.

Anyways I love you guys!!! Merry almost Christmas!!

ELDER SOLARI


No comments:

Post a Comment