Monday, August 22, 2016

WEEK 49: 11 MONTHS




7/18/16 Letter

Well this last week I completed 11 months in the mision! Its crazy how fast the time flies!

These last weeks we have been working with a college student named Andersson..and yesterday he was baptised and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! His story is super cool. So the missionaries found him here about 2 months ago. So he is honestly one of the greatest guys I have had the opportunity to teach here in the mission. He has had some huge desires to change his life and enter in this path. So about 2 months ago he didnt believe in God, or Jesus Christ, and he has been going to church since then and strengthening his testimony! He has had some difficulties because he told us like a year ago he was working trying to make more people become atheist, and since then he has been able to share his experience with all of them and mend what he had done. He has already read half of the Book of Mormon, he has 21 years old and is already committed to go on the mission this next year! He wants to be able to help and share this message with everyone, especially people that have this same struggle he did. Another great thing is that his family who did not want to participate in the lessons went to his baptism and stayed for church! So now we are working with his parents as well so they can be baptised! 

To answer your questions, yes President Moreno brought two kids with him. I think he has 5 but the other 3 are married and have their families. His wife is really cool too. She is always there in the zone conferences with President Moreno and always shares a message too. Which is pretty different from President Torres, because I had only seen Hermana Torres maybe 2 times. We had our first multi zone conference with President Moreno this last week! It was a super great experience. 

A cool experience we had this last week, were teaching another college student his name is Jonathan Santana, hes 20 years old. So like a week ago Elder Paim and I received revelation that the key to him being baptised is Andersson. So last night we went to visit him with Andersson, because as a member he can now go on visits with us, and we had one of the most powerful and spiritual lessons I have ever felt. And Andersson basically gave the whole lesson to him. He told us that his baptism date is going to be really soon...it was an out of this world experience to see our convert that was baptised yesterday, to have such an impact on someone we have been teaching. They both have grown so much...and Jonathan doesnt have a lot of support from his family so I want to ask you guys to pray for him please!!

 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theirweakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

This scripture really speaks to me. It has helped me to learn so much here in the mission. I know it is true and applies to everyone. I want you guys to ponder this scripture this week, and ask the Lord so that He can help you progress. I love you guys! 

      Elder Solari

No comments:

Post a Comment