Monday, December 12, 2016

WEEK 64: HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM ISLA SAN CRISTOBAL, GALAPAGOS


Flying into the new area!


10-31-16 Letter

I HAD CHANGES!! They called me Friday night and told me I was going to go serve in the Galapagos and I got here today at 12:30pm. I am so stoked to be here. So in the Galapagos the church is on two islands. Santa Cruz y San Cristobal. In Santa Cruz the church has a branch and there are 4 Elders and 2 sister missionaries, and its bigger for tourists, and the island is a little bigger as well. Here in San Cristobal its only us 2. Elder Davila and I. The WHOLE ISLAND is our sector. And it isnt even a branch..its just a little group!! He told me theres anywhere from like 30-40 people that go to church on Sundays. The island theres a little part where the airport is and people live and then the rest is the national park. We didnt have much time today but next Monday we are going to go check out the wildlife and the giant turtles and takes tons of pictures for you guys. 

So my flight left at 11:50 today and here in the islands its an hour behind normal Ecuador time..and they flew me out in first class! I think they bought the flight tickets last minute and its all there was so I ate a super good lunch in the plane and relaxed. The plane was literally full of gringo tourists. A bunch of old people it was pretty funny hearing them talk english and the way they all dressed reminded me of Dad hahaha. On the beaches here the water is super blue and clear it reminded me of that beach on Saint Marteens when we went on that cruise. I am super excited to be here!! Its the only sector in the whole mission where we get to baptise people IN THE OCEAN. So I am super motivated to get working when P day ends to find and teach those people! So the government permits people who arent residents to stay on the island for 2 or 3 months...and then they have to return to Ecuador. So hopefully Ill get to stay out here for the whole time.  

In other news Hugo and Xiomara are doing great! It was hard to have changes because theyre both so close to being baptised but keep praying for them please!! I know the Elders there will do great work with them.

No. I havent been in a zone or a district with Elder Barba or Elder Bolen..and sorry it might be kind of hard to get the soccer jerseys now but remind me in a couple of months. 

Doctrine and Covenants 133:8

8 Send forth the elders of my church unto the nations which are afar off; unto the islands of the sea; send forth unto foreign lands; call upon all nations, first upon the Gentiles, and then upon the Jews.
 But great are the promises of the Lord unto them who  are upon the isles of the sea; wherefore as it says isles,there must needs be more than this, and they are inhabited also by our brethren.


I love you guys!!! Pray that we can find many people to teach here on this island of the sea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment