Monday, March 28, 2016

WEEK 33: PASCUA (EASTER)




Yes we heard about the Belgium Airport incident from some of the members here. I know the Lord protected those 4 missionaries because of all the prayers that are being said by the families back home. That's cool to hear about your trip to Portland! Dad sent me some cool pictures .

Anyways this week was great. We have been working hard inviting everyone we see to General Conference this coming week! Because if we dont have investigators there with us we wont be able to watch! But dont worry, we are going to have a ton! It should be a great experience because now that I can understand Spanish I will be able to understand Conferencia General this coming week. It really is one of the highlights here in the mission field. I love hearing the Prophet and the Apostles speak, especially because they always teach principles that help us out with the missionary work. 

This last week we had a baptism! His name is Joel Quinones and we have been preparing him for some time. We also found out he has an Uncle that part of the stake presidency so that was cool. We had a great baptismal service with a lot of support from the members. He has a lot of energy and has warmed up well with the other youth in the ward. So the hand off to the ward was perfect and we are going to continue teaching him as long as we can. Because as of right now I have about 2 and a half months in this sector, and my companion does too. We think one of us is going to have transfers this week so were going to see what happens.

I dont know if I ever told you guys but our mission has a Hymn. President Torres wrote it with 3 other missionaries maybe 2 years ago. Ill try to send a picture of it so you can play it and hear how it goes. Its called We are Disciples of Christ.

This last week Ive been pondering a lot on the life of Christ. How He lived a life of strict obedience to His Father. It made me think a lot about the mission. We, too, live a life of strict obedience and are blessed greatly for it. Sure we cant play spĆ³rts, leave the house in street clothes, or watch television or any of that...But we are blessed here in the Lords work. We are helping everyone come unto Christ through faith in Christ and His Atonement, repentance, Baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. I feel to blessed to be here in the best mission in the whole world. I love a scripture in the Bible that says something along the lines of: He that leaves family, home and the world behind for my cause will receive 100 times more and inherit eternal life. I feel like I am being redeemed for serving the Lord here in Ecuador. And I know that all of you guys too can serve the Lord through your callings in the church, giving references to the missionaries, and going on visits with them. I promise it will bring such great joy in your lives!

President Boyd K. Packer:
The gospel teaches us that relief from torment and guilt can be earned through repentance. Save for those who defect to perdition after having known a fullness, there is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no offense exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness. October General Conference, 1995.

Lots of Love

Elder Solari

No comments:

Post a Comment