Monday, February 22, 2016

WEEK 27: FEB15



Sister Rivera's baptism

Hey mom! Glad to here the family is doing well. Anyways this week was really good! I have broken past the 6 month mark so I am not considered a greenie or a newbie anymore! So I sure am excited about that. And no I dont use any mosquito repellant.

Hermana Gladys Rodriguez Rivera was baptised this past Saturday! And now this family only has to wait a year to be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. How cool is that? The baptismal service was great. We had a great talk, and a special musical number from a recent convert! We could feel the spirit so strongly in the service. And in the end Hermana bore her testimony. There was not a dry eye in the building. The progress of this family has been amazing and I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to help them learn of our Savior Jesus Christ, The Plan of Salvation and the Restoration. Funny part: The Hermana is in a wheel chair because she cant be on her feet for too long, so when I baptized her I cradled her in my arms like a baby and we both went under the water! Its was a cool experience. 

In personal study right now I am in Alma 52. I am going to finish in Spanish before conference so I can start my study of the New Testament. We have a saying here in the mission, but really its in the whole church. You can convince anyone that our Church is true with the Bible but in order to convert them you have to use the Book of Mormon. It is the keystone of our religion. I cant stress this point enough. You will be able to find the mysteries of God if you only search the scriptures diligently ( 1 NEPHI 10:19)Any questions, any trial, anything you want to know about the Gospel, you can find an answer in the Book of Mormon. 

I dont have a lot of time but everything is going well and we are working hard and seeing the blessings of our work! I sure am excited to get the package! Ill keep a look out for both of them and let you guys know! Talk to you next week!

Love you Mom!

Elder Solari

No comments:

Post a Comment