Monday, February 22, 2016

WEEK 26: CARNIVAL!!



Wow I have almost been out for 6 months here in the mission! Its crazy how the time flies by. I feel like just yesterday I arrived at the CCM and met my first companions. Time goes by quick when you lose yourself in this glorious work!

This past weekend, and today and tomorrow is a big celebration here in Ecuador. Its a big carnival party thing they do every year when school gets out for summer break. People have pool parties in the street, launch water balloons, and use water guns to drench the Elders that pass by them. As a result, we have not been outside of the house too much these last few days, only Sunday, and a half day Saturday, and only today until noon when we have to be back in the house. Nonstop music and dancing. We have gotten drenched more than a few times by countless kids with water guns. They were chasing us for blocks and blocks hahaha. Its been a pretty exciting weekend here in Guayaquil.

This last week we also had a multi zone conference with President Torres. It has been a week full of blessings here. And I was awarded my mission pin! In this mission, when an elder or hermana finish their 12 weeks of training, they have to pass a test from the mission president to win your pin. In front of all the other Elders and Hermanas. So we always do this at the multi zone conferences. Usually this test includes reciting one of the lessons in Preach My Gospel, either: 1, The Restoration, 2, The Plan of Salvation, or 3, The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then you have to give 4 scriptures from memory for each principle of that lesson, and the committments that we leave for the lesson. So You either have to do that or invite the President to be baptized and overcome the objection with scriptures and doctrine. Both of which are pretty intense. A lot of the missionaries think this is cruel and unusual but its a great way to prove to the President if youve really been studying and know the doctrine. Anyways I had to invite him to be baptized and overcome the objection and it was easy! And now I have the pin of the mission. It has the mission logo and I forgot to take a picture of it but Ill get one sent next week. We wear it on our suit coat!

You guys know how I always say I am a part of the best mission in the world? Its true. For the last 28 months we have had the highest number of baptisms each month out of all the missions in the world! Our President is always watching the numbers and informing us so that we can work harder and stay on top!

We have been working hard with the wife of brother rivera. We did everything possible so she would feel ready to be baptized this last week but she wasnt ready because it was carnival. So she is going to be baptized this Saturday! We are so excited because all brother rivera talks about is going to the temple and getting sealed as a family. And as of this Saturday, they will only have to wait a year before they can get sealed! Maybe Ill be able to go in a year to their sealing...how cool would that be!

Other than that we have been working in the rain and contacting references, we have some other people that are close to accepting a baptism date but we will see as this week goes on. References really are the best way to help the missionaries! And no I dont use the raincoat, its way too hot. I need to buy a lightweight one here.

How is the Book of Mormon reading going? We are reading atleast 30 minutes each day and I am in Alma 15. I have learned so much by reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish. Every time I read I learn something new and my testimony grows. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that it can change your lives. You should read atleast 15 minutes everyday. You will be able to see the blessings in your life!

Love you mom!

Elder Solari

No comments:

Post a Comment